The original full body MPS-Medical Pet Shirt® for your rabbit is a professional alternative for the medical cone and/or full body bandage. This versatile MPS-Medical Pet Shirt® protects your rabbit and environment during recovery, after a medical procedure, with a skin condition and a lot more... Give your furry friend the comfort and freedom it deserves for a faster recovery!
We know how important it is to be able to quickly dress and undress your rabbit, which is why our MPS-Medical Pet Shirt® is made of soft and stretchy high-quality material. The MPS-Medical Pet Shirt® has a snug fit to prevent your rabbit from wiggling out. It is important however to keep monitoring your rabbit if the snug fit isn’t too tight. Getting the MPS-Medical Pet Shirt® on and off your rabbit is simple, so let’s take a look!
- Step 1: Roll up the shirt with the middle head opening in your hand. Make sure that the blue inner layer is facing down. Insert your rabbit’s head through the opening, followed by inserting one leg into the provided smaller leg opening and the other leg into the other remaining smaller opening.
- Step 2: Now pull the shirt over your rabbit’s body all the way to the back. The lower belly flaps must be pulled between the hind legs towards the upper flaps near the base of the tail.
- Step 3: Secure the two flaps with the buttons/snaps to each other. Take a good look around the legs, neck and tail to see if there is enough room to move and breath! You can adjust the snaps if needed.
|3XS||0.6 - 0.8kg|
|2XS||0.8 - 1.5kg|
|XS||1.5 - 2.0kg|
|S||2.0 - 3.5kg|
|M||3.5 - 4.5kg|
|L||4.5 - 5.5kg|Important information
Consult your veterinarian when you want to use the Medical Pet Shirt® for medical purposes. Your veterinarian can recommend a suitable treatment. Keep monitoring your rabbit regularly to make sure the fit is not too tight. We recommend keeping your rabbit under the supervision of a responsible adult at all times while using the Medical Pet Shirt®. Please consult your veterinarian if your rabbit’s behaviour is changing or when your rabbit has excessive licking/chewing habits.
For longer usage, it is possible that the print of the Medical Pet Shirt® and the label could fade over time. With the washing instructions below, this process can be delayed. Washing, maintaining and handling of delivered items always remains the responsibility of the customer.
- Always turn inside out for washing.
- Fasten all the press studs before washing.
- We recommend using a laundry bag.
- Wash the Recovery Sleeve® up to a maximum of 90ºC/194ºF.
- Never put the Medical Pet Shirt® in the dryer! Hang it out and let it air dry.
- Do not iron directly over the print and never too hot;
- Do not use bleach or other chemicals to clean the Medical Pet Shirt®.
Using bleach and other chemicals can cause irritations to your rabbit’s wound, surgical area, hotspots or more…!
TIP! To ensure that your rabbit remains protected, two Medical Pet Shirts are often purchased. While one Medical Pet Shirt® can be washed, the other shirt can be worn. When your rabbit needs to wear the Medical Pet Shirt® longer than a week, it’s always better to have a back-up shirt!
The Medical Pet Shirt® for rabbits is toxic/lead free and is made of:
- 94% Organic cotton
- 6% Invista Lycra® 4-way stretch